Kinds of hosting solutions
A hosting solution implies hoarding and/or sharing certain content on a server managed by a hosting company. There are different varieties of hosting services used for various goals, so let's explore them. Doing so, you can pick what you want, depending on whether you desire to launch a site, e-mails, or to share files with friends and associates.
- File hosting: a service furnished by particular hosts, which allows you to share huge files. These could be disk images, movies, audio files, archived documents, and so on. This solution is also known as file storage, and its sole designation is to share files, since it does not support site uploading. The moment the files are uploaded, you will either get a randomly created download link for each of them, or you will be able to see a register of all the files in a directory, but you will not be able to load .html or .php website files in your browser. Free-of-cost file storage packages are often supported by exhibiting advertisements beside the download links, while a timer obliges you to await a particular spell of time to view them. A single file can be downloaded with restricted speed. If you get a paid file hosting package, there are no restrictions as to how many files you can upload/download straight away, and also there is no limitation when it comes to the download speed or the file size.
At present, with the assistance of the cPanel hosting firms, "file hosting" is being renamed to the more fashionable "cloud hosting". This is a totally incongruous explanation of the literal denotation of "cloud hosting". An actual cloud website hosting platform would share the tasks at hand between different groups of hosting servers in a cluster, which are committed to serving miscellaneous web space hosting services (electronic mail, disk storage, statistics, DNS, databases, web hosting CP, etc.) So, the file hosting service is merely a variety of a disk storage hosting solution, not a cloud hosting one. It's not even near.
- Image hosting: close to file hosting; certain companies provide a hosting service for pictures exclusively. This hosting type is good if you want to share an immense quantity of images with mates or partners since the solution is generally free of charge. You will get a randomly generated link for each and every image or album and you can subsequently share this link. As with the file storage solution, .html and .php files are not compatible, so the solution cannot be used for sites.
- Email hosting: a service devoted to handling your mail aliases. Some companies provide webspace hosting solutions for websites, but do not offer an email service. If you wish to create a mail address with your domain name but do not want to have a web site, then the e-mail hosting solution is what you require. You can set up e-mailbox accounts and administer them, but there will be no hosting service for the domains. The e-mail hosting solution includes incoming POP/IMAP and outgoing SMTP mail servers.
- Video hosting: this service allows you to upload and share videos. You can either share a link to a given video clip, or you can embed the video file in your site that is hosted somewhere else. The benefit of using this method instead of uploading the video file in a web hosting account is that the video produces a particular amount of CPU load, so with a couple of video files and a few hundred web page viewers, you may have trouble with your web site hosting quotas. Embedding the video clip will permit you to keep as many video clips as you want without worrying about system reserves.
- Web hosting: this is the service that you need if you would like to have a website. To a certain degree, it involves all of the aforementioned hosting types since, along with your websites, you can also host pics and files, you can set up databases and emails, upload video clips, and so on. At WebHost-ing.com, for example, you can view web hosting and dedicated hosting services that permit you to get all of the aforementioned solutions in one single location. There may be limitations based on the kind of hosting service that you've chosen - a free hosting package, a paid shared hosting plan, a VPS or a dedicated server. Based on that, your web hosting package may be better or worse compared to the customary e-mail/file/video/image hosting accounts that are purposed for specific content solely.